How do you identify if the system you are servicing is carrying R-1234ry or R134a?
The Legend SeriesTM gas analyser is a worldwide ready tool to help verify the service needs of both R1234yf and R134a equipped vehicles. A vital tool to ensure that you verify the purity of the refrigerant prior to recovery of the refrigerant in the system.
Gas Analysers deliver fast and accurate refrigerant analysis in self-contained, compact, and extremely portable packages. This particular unit is rugged and very simple to use, automatically providing step-by-step indication of the gas sampling process.
There is a range of key benefits to the Legend SeriesTM and they include:
- Quickly and accurately determines refrigerant purity
- Displays percentage purity of R1234yf, R134a, R12, R22 and Hydrocarbons
- Displays % air in pure R1234yf & R134a
- Capable of testing R12 with optional R12 hose accessory
- Easily prints test results with optional printer
- Improved oil resistance with the user replaceable oil restrictor
If you aren’t sure what gas you are recovering then you run the risk of not only contaminating your refrigerant but also you’re air conditioning equipment which will cost the repairer many dollars to correct and lost productivity time.
On several occasions Richard unknowingly recovered hydrocarbon refrigerant and ruined not only his previously recovered gas but his 4 in 1 machine then also shut down.
This of course meant that the machine had to be repaired, incurring a great cost, not to mention the extended stall on all further air conditioning jobs. Richard claims that the cost of the analyser was soon forgotten once he saw what it could save him in time and money.